Monday, July 19, 2010

Part I - Mistakes

Not that I have ever made one, but I have been thinking about mistakes recently. Last week I watched a Nova episode about the deadliest plane crash in history NOVA episode .

The program intrigued me for two reasons. First, it confirmed that I hate flying because of a lack of control over what happens once I board the plane. On the other hand, I love everything else about flying (delays, gate changes, lines, etc. Not even kidding). The second idea was about making mistakes. The crash was caused by multiple circumstances, mostly out of control of any one decision makers. However, in the end there was fault and individual mistakes. In my mind I was thinking about you can so casually make a decision that so impacts the lives of other people and how would you ever rectify a mistake that has such dire outcomes. Of course, there is a continuum of mistakes based on consequences, but if life is about making and learning from mistakes, shouldn't there be a way to say your sorry?

On the idea of making and learning from mistakes, Holly & I would like to give you a 2 part assignment. For now, simply share a recent mistake you have made (please only do so in your comfort zone). Let us know the decision, why you made it, why it was a mistake and who was effected. Later in the week we will pose some follow up thoughts. In advance, thank you for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers